Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Navigator Order in NX9 and TC9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSI-CAD

Computer
Feb 13, 2009
FR
The new NX9 function "Navigator Order" has a special option with TeamCenter ==> Sequentiel

But what's the difference with "Chronologique" ?

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The 'Chronological' order will list the Components in the order in which they were added to the Assembly with the most recent additions at the end. although that can be reversed by selecting the column header similar to what happens in an Explorer window where you can reorder by selecting a columns header. Keep in mind that if you were to select the column header for some other column in the Assembly Navigator that this will be used to order the list so these options are only applied, not remembered or enforced.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi Didier,
i am yet to look into this but to me it looks like that the sequential navigation pertains to numerical sorting of item numbers.
So in my case if i have sequence order like this (1) test-0002 (2) test-0004 (3) test-0003 (3) test-0001.........then after applying the sequential order it will be like this (1) test-0001 (2) test-0002 (3) test-0003 (4) test-0004.

I hope some expert can corroborate my findings.

Thanks and Best Regards

While I don't run NX in a 'managed mode', I suspect that the idea here is that with PDM tools, you're able to impose an arbitrary order to the Components of an Assembly, perhaps to convey something like the order-of-Assembly or some other desired scheme, and so this will allow the NX Assembly Navigator presenation to be consistent with what was imposed inside the managed mode where one could define what one might consider as 'virtual' assemblies using explicit Callout attributes. It is true that when creating a Parts List on a Drawing in Native Mode (non-managed) there are Callout attributes assigned, in the context of the Drawing, to each Component, but there is no link between these and the presentation order as seen in the Assembly Navigator. In other words, the Parts List has it's own rules as to what the 'sequence' is and in 'managed mode' these Callouts could have been predfined in the PDM system so this would allow, at least in a 'managed mode', to actually synchronize the Assembly Navigator order with the on-Drawing Parts List. At least, that's how I'm interpreting this option's intended use.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back