Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NB Commissioned Inspector course material

Status
Not open for further replies.

athilatt

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2009
US
Could somebody guide me about from where the National Board Commissioned Inspector examination course-material+typical questionaries available. (any institution/or book-shop etc.)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may also want to try any of the boiler and machinery insurance carrier. I used to work for one of them and their in-house training allowed me to take the two day test in NYC's Twin Towers. The in-house training consisted of performing co-inspections of B+M insured objects and taking a home study course that included past test questions. Also they were administrating tests similar to the NB test format.

Thank you chicopee for your input. My employer has got tie-up with a boiler/pv insurance carrier, and that part is done. I know the course being conducted by some institutions, it is too much costly. I would like to know from where I get course material/typical questions,if I pay. I would prefer to study home. Eventhough I checked NB web site, I am not clear whether they offer this facility..

National Board also holds classes and they are very expensive.
Insurance companies cost for outsiders would probably include the ASME eight codes for you to keep and those are costly. You will need all these codes for home study and probably a few hard cover books from your local library. As a matter of fact check with your library, it may have some of the ASME codes.

Is your firm involved in third party inspection of B's& PV's.

Chicopee,

I am having all these codes. Only thing I am searching is a chance of getting course material quizes/typical questions etc which would give me clear cut idea for my study.

PV Inspector
I happened to see a thread of yours about this subject earlier in which you mentioned about $700 course material and home study option etc. Could you please throw some light on this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back