Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NBIC Commissioned Inspectors training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusty1

Industrial
Apr 26, 2004
CA
I am looking for different training facilities that prepare for the National Board Commissioned Inspectors exam. I am in British Columbia, Canada and the nearer the better. However I am expecting that I will have to travel to the USA. Please post your experiences.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My experience......I know of a gentleman who obtained the ASME Code books either from the library or from a close aquaintance, studied them day and night, motivated himself, scheduled the exam, paid the fees with the jurisdiction, took the exam, passed it, then approached the AIA for a job as an AI and was hired on the spot.

Remember that AIA's are looking for people who either already have the commission, or are motivated enough to pass the exam. (with or without the prep course)

Theres afew private organizations around that offer training for this exam.

BI&I is the one i would recommend as they teach it very well and have a good success rate with candiates passing it.

You can also contact the National Board themselves and sign up for the 2 week pre commision course. I enjoyed the courses at Columbus.

NB#12570ABN

In the U.S. the only one I know other than the National Board themselves is Ivy Tech in Indiana. They have a two-week commission test which claims a very high pass rate. Time you pay tuition and two weeks expenses you are in pretty deep, unless you have an employer paying your way.

You can also take the National Board's course by mail or online for the first week of the course without traveling there and try the test without the second week. If you have done any calculations for design you should be OK.

Thanks,
I contacted BI&I and they no longer offer a program.

I am looking at the Ivytech as they claim 97% pass rate. Ideally this is the route I would like to go.
Anyone care to share there experiences with Ivytech?

I would still like to hear more options if anyone knows of other facilities.

crusty1 (Industrial)

Yes Ivytech as they claim 97% pass rate

Rod Dowell
Manager
(812) 298-2492
rdowell3@ivytech.edu

Brenda McQueen
Assistant
(812) 298-2353
bmcqueen@ivytech.edu

did so

Nosibor Consulting & Training Services has a 99% passing rate and very competives rates since 1992 , Personal attention with extensive knowledge, and not an overcrowded classroom with powerpoint presentations.

"structured lesson plans and handouts, is presented in a casual manner allowing for more instructor student interaction. This instructor student interaction can address general or specific concerns or issues.

Instructors for our ASME Code and National Board Inspection Code Training, hold current National Board Commissions with the A, N, S, B and I endorsements"

Lead Instructor [Harold "Rob" Robison] has over 30 years of experience.

Next classes will be :

November 9 thru 20
National Board Commissioned Inspector’s Examination School in San Diego California

Feburary 15 thru 26
November 9 thru 20
National Board Commissioned Inspector’s Examination School in San Diego California

check out their website for further details
NosiborConsulting@email.com

Lead Instructor: Harold Robison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back