Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nc assist gas regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordfish1

Industrial
Jun 14, 2014
CA
Does anyone know if these valves can be rebuilt, and where I could get parts and instructions? The machine is a Amada Lasmac LC-1212 alpha 11. The present reg was installed about 4 months ago new and now we find out that it only has a 90 day waranty. Any info or pics of the inside would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have a couple of confusing ideas there. You start off talking about NC regulator and then you said a preset regulator was installed. Also, most of the Alpha II came with just manual gas. There are a few that had an NC retrofit added to them but it was complicated.

The long and short of it is that there is not a rebuild kit for either NC regulator, that I know of. I could be wrong but I just haven't seen anything.

If you want, tell us a little more about what your machine is doing or not doing and how you are asking it to do it. We will see if there may be another solution to the problem.

Sorry about the confusion I was told by the tech that the preset reg as you call it was the NC regulator. This unit
has never had a manual control for the gas, if you dont count ajusting the pressure from the supply tanks with that
gas reg.

The name on the regulator is Asahi Hyper Regulator # 752EHA

This reg is leaking gas from an outlet port, since its off warrenty we opened it and found a small tear in the diafram
which is why its leaking. I find it difficult to beleave that a $3000.00 part that comes apart would not have a kit or a way of getting parts. So thats why I asked here, I thought mabe someone run into this before and fixed it.

Thank you for answering I was wondering if anyone had read it.[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back