Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need a good flexduct/flexhose LSP for AutoCAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbelectrical

Industrial
Dec 31, 2002
US
The subject header says it all. The HVAC department at my company wants me to look for a flexduct LSP or some other add-on for AutoCAD 2004. We're presently using an LSP called "flexhose", however, the HVAC people aren't too satisfied with its appearance (Two parallel lines - that's it). They're looking for something with a little bit more detail. What are you guys using?

Thanks in advance,

--

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lennox has a adder package for ACAD that I've used to draw regular duct, diffusers, registers as well as flex duct. It also allows you to drop in Lennox Rooftop, Unitary and other products if desired.

Check it out.

You'll need to register, which doesn't take long and then you should be able to download the software.

**If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the precipitate.**

Hi Purity,

I have written a very basic menu sequence in the AutoCad menu file as shown below. The only drawback is that the "fill" command must be turned off, meaning that all un-exploded hatch patters disappear from the drawing. The menu command makes use of polylines with varying widths. Depending on the number of "turns" you would like to incorporate on the flexible duct, "\" can be added to the command line just before "cen" in the command line. Study the logic in the command. it is fairly simple. At the end of the command, I'm also inserting a little block called "FLXEND" which is just a nice termination to the flexible duct - typically on a air diffuser or something similar.

If you send me your e-mail address, I can send you the FLXEND block - you may find it useful.

Kind regards,

Andre Burger

***POP11
[Flex]
[100 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 100);'ORTHO ON PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[150 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 150);'ortho oN PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[175 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 175);'ortho oN PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[200 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 200);'ortho oN PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[250 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 250);'ortho oN PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[300 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 300);'ortho oN PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[350 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 350);'ortho oN PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[400 DIA]*^C^C^CCLAYER hvac_FLEX (SETVAR "PLINEWID" 400);'ortho ON PLINE \\A 'ORTHO OFF \\cen \ -INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))
[Flx end]^C^C-INSERT FLXEND @ (GETVAR "PLINEWID") (* 57.29577951 (GETVAR "LASTANGLE"))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back