Need a high-temperature CO2 and O2 analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbuckingham

Bioengineer
Jul 21, 2009
US
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a good manufacturer for in situ CO2 and O2 analyzers. I'm having trouble finding any suitable for my process temperature (~400C, mostly N2 gas). Most I can find are either <100C or >600C. Looking to measure around 0-1000 ppm CO2 and 0-10% O2. If you know of any, please let me know!

Thanks,
Steve

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try an automobile emissions gas analyzer. I'm using one to test O2 and CO2 levels (for flammability) in a chamber with temps up to 500C, works very well.

In situ? An engine/flue gas analyzer will work for this but your gas sample has to be cooled before it gets to the sensor. You draw a sample from where it is very hot (i.e. exhaust or flue gases) and then it is filtered and cooled before passing through electrochemical sensors to measure its make up.

I am assuming that you need to measure the sample at the stated temperature. This sounds like a stack type measurement. I would suggest that you look at a Tuned Diode Laser (TDL) from Analytical specialties. They do measurements across stacks and fire boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back