Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Abaqus Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mperios

Geotechnical
Oct 17, 2011
GB

Hello all,

I'm struggling to place a load the way I need it. I have attached my current model, I am analysing a thrustblock supporting a retaining wall.
I want to place a dynamic load that gradually increases in the middle of the thrustblock 2x2m, however there is no node I could click on.
I also want the load to act an an angle of 20 degrees.

Anyone can please help me out? I tried reading the documentation but without any success.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try creating a point on the part in the part module, then apply the load to that point, you can apply a concentrated load in x,y and z directions so you can work out the x,y,z loads to get you your 20 degrees. Hope that helps

Thanks for the suggestion yaston4, I have created a point in the middle of the thrustblock, however it still doesn't seem to work, there is no node.
Any other suggestion?

I solved this for anyone interested looking for an answer in the future: Create a Partition Face Sketch, this tool is found in the Mesh Module. Select the required area and sketch lines whatever is required. It will become a node afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back