Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need books on M.Seal training

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanver

Industrial
Mar 31, 2003
PK
i want to understand and study m.seal pls advise book names
thanks
tanweer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Let start with
Mechanical Seal Handbook
Fluid Sealing Association
I hope you can find one.

Peter

The FSA book is pretty good. Check with your local seal rep about a book, they should be happy to give you one.

Dear All,
Anybody that has study the best 5 brand mechanical seal? why?. The ones that has the web-site address.
Thank you.

Dear All,
Anybody that has study the best 5 brand mechanical seal? why?. The ones that has the web-site address.
Thank you.
stevenb@fajarbenua.co.id

yes

you can buy or read books & also CD's on macnallyinstitute.com

the best mechanical seal "textbook" I have read is Mechanical Seal Practice for Improved performance published by Mechanical Engineering Publications for The Institution of Mech. Engs in London.(ISBN 0 85298 806 0)
Burgmann also have a great mechanical seal dictionary full of good stuff...finally, if you want it simple, look at The McNally Institute web page

Hallo all, I've started yesterday to look for Mechanical Seal Training information myself. I'm very impressed by the McNally stuff, however, I am looking for information that I can present to Plant Operators. The guys may never have seen a Mechanical Seal before, so it needs to start off pretty basic. All the information I've seen relates to training Mechanics or Technicians. Any ideas about "Seals for Plasnt Operators" training please? Thanks.

Steve
sshakesh@glcc.com

Have you spoken to the guys who sold you the seals?

Regards,

Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back