Need career advice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samyk123

Civil/Environmental
Apr 29, 2016
US
Hi,
I am currently working at a midsize company as a Traffic Engineer and my day to day work involves traffic engineering analysis and design and also writing project proposals and meeting with clients (CITY) to market new projects for our company. I have good growth opportunity though company is pretty small. I have an offer from a corporate company that has very good presence all over US with role as Lead Engineer but will have to report to 4 people in hierarchy and will not get any opportunity to do any client facing as well as I see minimal opportunity for growth as there are many people higher up in the hierarchy. I am confused what is the best choice to make small company with good growth vs big reputed firm with not much growth. Please provide your suggestions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you're a hard worker and want to continue to challenge yourself, I say you stay with the smaller company. Only reasons to consider switching might be increased pay/benefits of the bigger company or concerns you may have regarding the stability and long-term growth of your existing company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back