Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Need Delco motor wiring Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronH

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2003
US
I have a single phase Delco motor that I really need to get working, but I don't have a wiring diagram. It looks like it has 5 wires, all numbered and one is red. It's a 3/4 horse, type AD, model A 9749 CC, Series D-58. 115/230 volt, 1725 RPM. I think this is a blower motor. It is mounted on a cradle like split phase motors are and it's open - and definately not drip proof. Capacitor start. Anyone know what wires are which? I need to get this wired to 230. There are 5 terminals, two of them are stand-offs and the other three are mounted on a black plastic connection box. Those three terminals are labeled "T" "L" and "TL". I would be happy to go into futher detail if anyone has any clues on this motor. I appreciate any assistance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the info. In my internet search I ran across those people, but I noticed they are in India. This motor says that this Delco is a division of G.M. so I wonder if it's some sort of sub company of AC Delco that's long been sold off. I found a website that lists motor manufacturers and one of them was "Lincoln (Delco)". So I wonder if they bought the old Delco line??

Well, I called Lincoln today (among others) and they claimed to have bought the old Delco line about 10 years ago. The guy told me that they basically dropped the single phase line because at the time they were only interested in three phase. He said he would do some checking and see if he could fine a similar schematic for one of their current motors. So basically, if you've got a Delco motor, you're SOL for OEM support. Best to find a motor shop that really knows their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back