Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEED HELP FOR PROE2000i commands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve0808

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2005
US
Most of the time, I use Wildfire 2.0 for my work. But recently, I have to use Pro/E 2000i for my current project for whatever reasons. Some of commands I couldn't find from the 2000i( quite old version). Two of them are "insert--create a feature" and " undo". For "insert", I want to insert a feature during modifying a model. From the model tree, I can insert to create a feature in the end, not the order/place where I want. For the "undo" command, it's also a important one. If I have a mistake, I can only get the back from the early saved file. Any wise way i can do for that?

Also, can any one tell me where I can find a pro/e 2000i help files or any other help?

Many thanks for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Below are command from 2001 but I'm sure they're the same for 2000i & 2000i^2. I know they moved a lot of commands around with the new WF user interface.

To Insert Features

Normally, Pro/ENGINEER adds a new feature after the last existing feature in the part, including suppressed features. Insert mode allows you to add new features at any point in the feature sequence, other than before the base feature or after the last feature.

1. Choose Insert Mode from the FEAT menu, then choose Activate.

2. Select a feature after which the new features will be inserted. All features after the selected one will be automatically suppressed.

3. Choose Create and create the new features as usual.

4. Cancel insert mode in one of the following ways:
? Choose Resume from the FEAT menu and select to resume the features that were suppressed when you activated insert mode.
?

Choose Cancel from the INSERT MODE menu. Pro/ENGINEER asks you whether to resume the features that were suppressed when you activated insert mode, then automatically regenerates the part.

Note: The system grays out the Cancel and Activate options in the INSERT MODE menu in turn, depending on whether the insert mode is currently active. At any time, you can choose the Return option from the INSERT MODE menu to return to the previously active menu. If the feature after which the new features will be inserted is a merged-by-copy feature, the system redisplays the part to show only merged features. The INSERT FEAT menu appears with the options Create Copy and Mirror Geom. Once you choose Done from the INSERT FEAT menu, the system redisplays the whole part and exits Insert mode.

To Reorder Features
1. Use the command sequence Part, Feature, Reorder.

2. Specify the selection method by choosing an option from the SELECT FEAT menu:
? Select—Select features to reorder by picking on the screen and/or from the tree tool. You can also choose Sel By Menu to enter the feature number. When finished selecting, choose Done Sel.
? Layer—Select all features from a layer by selecting the layer. When you finish, choose Done Sel from the LAYER SEL menu.
? Range—Specify the range of features by entering the regeneration number of the starting and ending feature.

3. A system message lists the selected features for reorder and states the valid ranges for the new insertion point.

4. Choose Done from the SELECT FEAT menu.

5. Choose one of the options in the REORDER menu:
? Before—Insert the feature before the insertion point feature.
? After—Insert the feature after the insertion point feature.

6. Pick a feature indicating the insertion point, or choose Sel By Menu to enter the feature number.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 2.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea" Bernard-Paul Heroux

Undo was not implemented until Wildfire 1. Therefore it isn't avaialable in earlier versions.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Heckler and Looslib:

Many thanks for your quite useful commands. I have got them.

Thanks again for your time and quicky replay.

Have a nice day, nice guys!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back