Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need LOW cost shakers as consumables, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwilliejoe

Aerospace
Jun 25, 2003
US
Hello folks,

I am in work on a project that needs a shaker as a consumable (cheap-one use, single sinusoidal mode,small, 500-1000 hour life, 1-2 hr continuous run, 2.0 lbf pk, max disp. < 1 inch). The FG142 by Labworks would be great but they are cost prohibitive. This in developement of a product to be made available to consumers for a medical device utilized at home (12vdc). ANY assistance as to where I might look would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ahead of time,
B.J.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How much less than 1 inch? 1 inch from a cheap electrodynamic shaker is a big ask. Piezo transducers cost literally pennies, but the displacement is tiny. How about a mechanical solution, something like a cheap DC motor driving a cam?

M

Thank you and good idea, that is what I have now. I was trying to simplify the mech's. Actually, I don't know what kind of heat I will have to deal with on the shaker. I know the motor has bearing friction temp, but I have no idea, again, about the shaker' at 60hz.

The travel is not as important as the rate and pforce.

Hey, thanks again for the response.

B.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back