Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need Post file for NX3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmFLIPPER

Mechanical
Feb 18, 2006
US
Hello everyone, just starting in NX3. Im moving from Mastercam 9 and x to nx3 because of my company i work for is changing over. So, Im tring to get aquainted with NX3 and doing good so far. I do need to make sure that what I produce in Code for the CNC Centers in the shop looks as much as possible to what has been created in the recent past. My biggest worry is the post processor file. I need multiple work offsets and subs. Any sugestions where to start?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The UGS bbs is a good place to start. You will need to get used to using the Postbuilder software, hopefully your company purchased this option.

I would heavily suggest you take the Postbuilding class.

UGS also has a section where you can download posts. I don't know how close they are, I built my own.

I would think, also being a Mastercam user, that getting ALL of your output to look like an MC is not going to happen. The code will work and you may get it close but in the end you'll have differences.

You will need a Webkey account to access the UGB bbs and file download areas.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back