Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Need some help having trouble figuring this one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinonit

Electrical
Mar 28, 2012
US
I have an issue where I'm using a control module to trip a relay when the module sees key switch power.

The relay then powers other units within the machine. The issue occurs when the machines are moving in the direction of the wind and the power drops off.

Any thoughts on the issue, temp stuck here?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Huh???

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

"The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer is blowin' in the wind..."

Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.

OK, seriously though, is this a safety function of some sort? Are you wanting to have a key switch that enables an action that needs to take place only when the wind moves some object? If so, then are you having trouble with the command logic?

"Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum."
— Kilgore Trout (via Kurt Vonnegut)

For the best use of Eng-Tips, please click here -> faq731-376

Is this for the bilge pump on a planing hull sailboat that self bails when on the plane??
Have you considered a UPS, suitably weatherproofed of course? This may avoid the power drop off, depending on the phase of the moon.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back