Need some tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfalah

Civil/Environmental
Jun 28, 2015
AF
Greeting dear all,
I am a student of civil engineering faculty and my last year is still running. my favorite major is project management and want to be good project manager in future so if there is someone respected to give me some tips and tracks to follow that and achieve my goal.

best regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not all engineers make good project managers. Not all project managers make good engineers.
If you can do both well, you'll be fine. If you can't do both well, pick the one you do better and stick with it.

Your opportunities to become a project manager will be greater in a smaller firm, than in a larger one. The personnel in smaller firms tend to wear more hats than those in larger firms. This would likely give you an earlier entry into the world of management. From there, you could move higher up in the smaller firm, or take your new managerial talents to a larger firm.
Good luck.

Thaidavid

A project manager in an office needs to understand the software somewhat so they can realistically manage other people using that software. The idea of wearing more hats would help significantly. All the good project managers I worked with could design like it was the back of their hand, but used the team to efficiently work out the project.

B+W Engineering and Design | Los Angeles Civil Engineer and Structural Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back