NERC standard - Trying to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mali_pu

Electrical
May 22, 2024
CA
Hi All,

I need help regarding North American Electric Reliability Corporation grid transformation. Does anyone have a good document for this ?
or any other NERC good document to understand the standard and practice ?

I am trying to understand the standard how it works and what the requirements.

Please anyone can help. Thanks.

Thanks,

Muhamnmad Ali

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You’re asking us to provide a standalone document when there are hundreds of standards spread across lots of disciplines. You’re going to need to be more specific

grid transformation

What is your question? This term is vague and ambiguous.

Are you asking about where transformers are used in the grid to step voltage up or down?

Or about transforming a grid from heavily undergenerated to heavily overgenerated?

Or from electromechanical relaying and control to digital?

Or from synchronous condensers to Static VAR compensators?

Or . . . ?

I worked in compliance with NERC standards for many years, and may be able to provide better information - but only if you clarify what you're after.

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

Hi,

Yes I have a question about the upgradation of substation under-generated to heavily over-generated?

And Also, what factors would be taken in upgradation of substation of switchgear and transformer using NERC code and standard ?

Also with respect to brownfield to greenfield what factors would be considered ?

Thanks,

substation under-generated to heavily over-generated

If this is where large quantities of distributed generation are being connected to what were previously load-only feeders, I feel your pain; but I am not sure that NERC standards are all that applicable in this situation, as this in my experience is much more a utility challenge in providing adequate relaying.

I will leave others to weigh in on the other two inquiries . . . although I will add that the "brownfield to greenfield" question is, in my view, very general and vague; please clarify.

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

NERC only applies to the Bulk Electric System. Start with trying to understand the definition of that.
I use a compliance lawyer to help me understand the NERC standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back