Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nesting Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OliverLaser

Mechanical
May 25, 2017
US
Hello, We've been using Lantek for the last few years as our nesting software and ever since their last update we've been having issues like stainless parts being nested with mild steel part, parts not unfolding properly,missing parts
so were going to be researching on what software to replace it with and I was wondering what you guys use ,currently we're using Solidworks and Lantek.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have Amada try the new 3i software. It's fantastic. Gives very accurate unfold. Great nesting. Comes with a lot of features.

Lightl????? hey after upgrading to the new 3I software did you have to upgrade anything as far as your controller? I have an old Fanuc series 160i-L control so I was just wondering if maybe you too have an old control? Thank you[pc2]

No need to upgrade the controller. 3i software has the provision to save data to sdd...for AMNC type machines. This doesn't require any upgrades on the machine. It still generates G codes which works perfectly well on old controller.( Vipros was available in machine list. Although I didn't see ARIES in it As far as laser is concerned it has quattro in the machine list.)

Did you heard about Metalix (Israel). In Europe they are quite good for possibilities/prices. For sure everything requires touches and test before buying. It is possible also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back