Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Network install of cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobijnD

Mechanical
Dec 4, 2008
BE
Did someone do a successful installation of the cast on a networkdrive?

I can open all the html files, but when I want to open examples nx-parts it give the following location error:

------------------------------------------------------
Locating the parts
The CAST Library parts are, by default, located in the directory shown below, which is established during installation:

Linux: $UGII_BASE_DIR/nxcast/parts

Windows: %UGII_BASE_DIR%\nxcast\parts

The parts at your facility may be in a different location, depending on how the CAST Library was installed. If you cannot locate the parts, see your system administrator.

The parts used in the activities in this course are located in the sketch directory.

All parts are read-only. If you want to save a copy of a part, use Save As to save the file to a location where you have write access.
------------------------------------------------------

I already tried a few things:
open via batfile: UGS/nx7.5/nxcast/castonly.bat

add system variable:
UGII_CAST = U:\unigraphics\nxcast
UGII_CAST_HTML_DIR = %UGII_CAST_HOME%\html
UGII_CAST_HTML_URL = %UGII_CAST_HOME%\html\index.html
UGII_CAST_PARTS = %UGII_CAST_HOME%\PARTS

Moved the parts to %UGII_BASE_DIR%\nxcast\parts

Installed the cast again, but instead of choosing ‘No’ at installing as webserver choosing ‘yes’

Nothing seems to work.

I hope someone else knows the answer
Thanks in advanced,
Robijn

--------------------------
nx7.5.2 - windows xp 32bit

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have CAST installed on a network drive. We specified the install location for both the CAST html files and the part files as separate folders.
We do not access CAST from within NX and we do not access our example part files from within CAST. We have a session of NX running alongside CAST and access the part files by the normal NX File>Open and then browse to the example part files location and select the file.
When we click on the little icon at the top of the CAST screen, we get the same message that you listed... I believe it's there to tell you HOW to find your example parts, not to open an explorer window listing them.
Maybe this is a by-product of not integrating CAST into NX, tho.
Anyway, that's our method. Seems to work ok.

pmgtxt,

thanks for your replay. I will use your method.

If you add the following system variable, you will be able to open the cast within NX
UGII_CAST_HTML_URL = your index.html location

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back