Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

New Article on the sources of hydrocarbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdas04

Mechanical
Jun 25, 2002
US
Methane is the most renewable material on the planet. I defend that statement in a new article on ENGINEERING.COM that was published this morning titled Does Petroleum Have to Come from Squashed Dinosaurs?

I'd be interested to hear any comments people have on this (or add them to the comments under the article on the site).

David Simpson, PE
MuleShoe Engineering

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei, Italian Physicist

Thanks for the article, Dave. Great contribution - as always.

I always find it amazing to see people believing in whatever someone told them happened billion years ago (any witnesses there?) and yet they are closing their eyes in front of evident climate changes we are witnessing these years. There is an obvious gap and no one managed to explain it. Mostly positive or negative propaganda.

It's not that I am contradicting to this article, it just amazes me to see us (human race) seeing only the things we want to see, over and over. Like a glitch.

Dejan IVANOVIC
Process Engineer, MSChE

Forgot my caveat. The article I attached to my response is to reference the technology, not the politics contained within it. Sorry.

It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back