Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Feature begining to irritate me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie4

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2005
US
The View palette is becoming a nuisance to me. We mostly generate DXF files to import in to our laser and these need to be 1:1 but now with thie view pallet Having 8 views SW defaults to the palette views scale rather than the drawing view forcing me to change this each time. is there a way to turn of the view palete or permanently set the dxf output scale = to sheet scale?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings and uncheck Automatically scale new drawing views

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​
SW2006-SP5 Basic ... No PDM​

Same here, I'm curious to who actually likes the view palette, as I can't see the benefit just yet (I have seen SW brought on its knees from generating the bl**dy palette when working with complex assemblies).

Stefan Hamminga
EngIT Solutions
CSWP/Mechanical designer/AI student

I haven't used it much, but like you I don't really see the improvement over the alternate view manager.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​
SW2006-SP5 Basic ... No PDM​

Well I was a little annoyed by the view palette in the beginning but I've decided it is a good thing for me. I generally model and draw everything from the front plane or view. I sometimes had to trial and error selecting views from the old view selection. I find it allows me to actually look at the views to determine the most effective drawing view. I sometimes also like to use the current view if it makes the drawing easier to understand, and I didn't always know what the current view looked like without pulling the part back up. Vote:[2thumbsup]

Dennis

SolidWorks 2007 SP0.0
Windows XP Pro, Pentium4 3.00GHz
1.5 GB RAM, Matrox P650
Logitech Marble Mouse, CadMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back