Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

New Interchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Illustration from the cited link above
Screenshot_from_2022-09-04_15-39-30_tiepif.png

I am surprised to find that the US has quite a number of these. Despite there being a number of them in my state, I have never traveled across the part of Diverging diamond interchange that would cause me to notice it.
Alternative intersections locating map

Thanks for the link... I'd never heard of them before...

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

I think I'll try the bike path ;)

I'd like a word with the York and Toronto traffic light engineers about the congestion and low traffic flow from ineffective timing. Especially after 2 lanes were lost for Viva bus lanes. It is ridiculous.

With the carbon footprint, we'll have to see if private transportation keeps the current pace.

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

The elimination of traffic signals would seem to be a worthwhile endeavor. Nothing sillier than getting a green light to turn left off a freeway, only to be jammed up by a red light 200 ft into the new direction. Makes for a maddening drive home

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

...and worse, a great waste of energy and a greater carbon footprint.

-Dik

I like diverging diamonds. There's fewer conflicting movements so should be fewer collisions.

You can always try a "dog bone" interchange, with roundabouts on either side of the freeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back