Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New MI Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubje

Chemical
Nov 6, 2022
US
Hi everyone,

I recently switched over to the Mechanical integrity (MI) group where I will be focusing on integrity engineering of pipes, vessels, etc.

Besides reading the codes such as API 510, what other reading or learning material do you recommend?

It's hard to find good youtube videos on these subjects as well

Lastly, is this particular field in demand? i imagine all plants from now on are going to focus more and more on MI.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's really a branch of safety engineering.

Look at OSHA 1910.

Look for information about "Process Safety Management", there is plenty of stuff out there.

If your company already has an established mechanical integrity group then they likely also have plans and procedures in place and people who wrote them. Read. Ask questions.

I went slightly wrong, although not off target, with my first recommendation, so I shall have to add another John Reynolds publication: The 101 Essential Elements In A Pressure Equipment Integrity Management Programme

Steve Jones
Corrosion Management Consultant

All answers are personal opinions only and are in no way connected with any employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back