Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

New part in assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctopher

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have someone here that is adding a new part to an assembly. Everything works fine, but when done, the sketch for the new part is not shown. It is still there, but can't see it or select it. He is adding a circle then a 3Dsketch to create a wire. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

RMB the sketch in the FM and click show. Also make sure the View\Sketches is checked on.

If none of that is available, go to Tools and uncheck "Large assembly mode"

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

It may also be a video thing. If what Scott wrote did not work try right-clicking on the desktop , select properties, settings, advanced, troubleshooting and set acceleration down to none. You might want to shut down SolidWorks before you do this.

BBJT CSWP

Thanks. I just found out that in the menu, "View", "Sketch"
was not selected. I do not remember seeing this in SW2003.

It has always been there as far as I remember. But I seem to recall there are some permutations due to part and assembly sketch visibility you might have to dink with. I think the sketch has to be visible in the part itself in order to show up in the assembly at all. Ie. right click "Show Sketch" in the tree if it has been hidden manually or by being sucked up into a feature.

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

A hobbit's lifestyle sounds rather pleasant...... it's the hairy feet that turn me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back