Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

New Product Ideas 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

richg1

Mechanical
Sep 25, 2002
AU
I wasn't sure where else to post this, but does anyone know of a website/blog/forum that supports the discussion of new product ideas specifically with a techy mech eng bent?

I've seen Dell's Ideastorm forum and recently read an article discussing something like this, but can't for the life of me remember the name of the website.

If not would anyone be interested in starting one at Eng-Tips.

Over the 12+ years of being a mechanical engineer I reckon I've got maybe 2 or 3 that may have some use. But I'm just not interested in patenting them or pursuing them for monetary gain but am happy to invest a bit of my own time in developing the concept (FEA, CAD, drawings, etc) and sharing it for critical review. And if someone wants to do something with them then I'd settle for some kudos.

Rich

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Maybe this one.
Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]www.experts-exchange.com[/URL]

Honestly, not sure if there are many. I see those aid organizations, sometimes have a short note for assistance at the bottom of their web-pages, but it probably involves money or a long trip. They seem to want everything to be local, else it all goes to pot.

Doesn't a new group require rent here at eng-tips, not sure. It is a good concept and surely it's time will come. I think it would be difficult for anybody spending real money to have data free and open.

Are your product ideas complex?

==========================================
Business Page ------------------------------------------
Motorradtraum....

Thanks Pressed,

Hadn't seen expert exchange before...After posting I did hunt around and found the answer in Wikipedia under 'crowd sourcing'. Also found a good site for crowd sourcing links at
Haven't found anything specific to mechanical engineering but will keep looking...

R

Good Luck. There's lots of nice folks on this site with great minds. I'm sure some are inventors who would appreciate a site just for innovations and free discussion.
I think I'll move my pump project there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back