New Scrubber Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

joisy

Chemical
Feb 6, 2003
US
All,

my father has developed and even succesfully implemented the scrubber-absorber to clean the exhaust gases from SO2, H2S, and from dusts in the same time. He's got a local patent (in one of post USSR countries). Can you please advise me how this invention can be sold to the some chemical/design company in Europe/USA? Those patents are quite expensive & you don't know if you earn many of it.

thanks,
Joisy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

joisy, To quote Tom Edison, "Never invent anything until you have your money firmly in hand". My advice is to check with a reputable Patent Attorney first, the validity and power of patents sometimes do not cross international boundaries and going out and knocking on doors and making calls may give the idea away.

Goodluck!
saxon

no, you would just have to get an international patent. your local patent office will have information on how to protect your idea internationally.

Ok,

but maybe there is a way to get something from this invention without international patent? Someone has an experience with such things?

you might try to sell your idea. ask some companies who either are in the line of manufacturing such an apparatus or a company who would be using that equipment. don't be too specific about your process untill you get your money, though. without patent protection everybody who knows how it works may build it and you can't do s**t about it, sorry for my french ;)

hth,
chris

Once I've had a similar experience; a British expert told me, over a cup of coffee, to try and publish the idea in rough terms in an international technical magazine, so as to attract attention, without disclosing too much secrets.

I did, I got attention and interest, but didn't succeed in selling the knowhow.

Would you care to try out this procedure ? May be your father will be more successful than I was.

Some venture capitalists provide seed money to develop new ideas, but 95% of the time they want patents as the foundation of a new company they fund. They are also expert at taking a much larger share of the eventual proceeds than any inventor feels comfortable sharing for the seed money they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back