Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Toolbar in SW2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogarila

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2001
CA
I would like to create a new toolbar to place my macros. Is there an easy, quick way to create one?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As far as I know, I don't think you can add a new toolbar. But you can add icon(s) for the macro(s) that you want to run and that icon can be placed in a toolbar.

To add an icon, go to "Tools", "Customize" and to go the "Command" tab. In there look for "Macro" on the left side and select that. Afterwards, 6 icons will be shown and pick the last one (the icon that has a person's face and an arrow). After you placed the icon on a toolbar, you will be prompted with a new window. "Tooltip" is the name of the macro (like the word that show's up bold to tell you what the name of the icon is), "Prompt" is the brief description of the icon, "Macro" is the actual location of the macro. Leave the "Method" as is because that's a Solidworks thing. And you can also add a shortcut key under "Shortcut". After this is all done, simply hit okay and your macro icon is added.

If you want to edit an icon for the macro, you can go to "Tools", "Customize" and to go the "Command" tab and right mouse click on the macro icon and you will get the "Customize Macro Button" window again.

Hopefully this is clear.

macPT

From here, the links work. If you can't get through, email customer service via the web page link and I'll have them send you a copy. (Like how I refer to myself in 3rd person and plural?)

[bat]"Customer satisfaction, while theoretically possible, is neither guaranteed nor statistically likely.[bat]--E.L. Kersten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back