Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NFPA FIRE PROTECTION HANDBOOK 21ST EDITION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasan Hijazi

Electrical
Sep 23, 2023
SA
Dears,

Please provide the link to download "NFPA FIRE PROTECTION HANDBOOK 21ST EDITION".

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As mentioned, go to NFPA website and buy the book. NFPA puts a lot of time / effort into creating those books. They are not provided for free. If you want to be in the industry, buy the books. Support the industry.

Travis Mack, SET, RME-G,
MEPCad, Inc
AutoSPRINK | AutoSPRINK FAB | AutoSPRINK RVT

@TravisMack
The issue is not to have the books for free.
What's strange that NFPA is not providing pdf at all. You have to buy the hard copies book (~4000 pages).
How can you search it ??

On the other hand, rest assured and don't worry about NFPA.
They are making alot of money from trainings and other tutorials.

NFPA no longer does PDF because so many people share them. So unfortunately, we are stuck with only hard copies or NFPA Link for their publications.

You can search a book. It's old school. You use the index and things like that. Think what we did as a population before we had Ctrl+F to find words in books for us.

Travis Mack, SET, RME-G,
MEPCad, Inc

It is not practical at all not to do PDF. Also hard copies can be copied and shared.

It is not acceptable from NFPA to limit themselves to Hard books only.

If is about copyright, there is alot of ways to protect the PDF.

Unfortunately, NFPA provides and owns the material. So, it doesn't matter what we think is practical or not. They have stopped selling PDF files. I hear it is due to the significant amount of copywrite issues from people sharing the PDF files.

So, the sins of the few punish the many. You will just have to order the hard back copies if you need one. I agree, it's not ideal in today's world, but many of us existed before PDF and we were still able to locate things in the various books they publish.

Travis Mack, SET, RME-G,
MEPCad, Inc

It is my opinion that the move to not have PDF copies of their publications will drive even more piracy. People who what a PDF can now only get one from a pirate source...and those sources are out there. Those same people, in the past, would have purchased the PDF from the NFPA.

A nice hard copy with a CD version available on my eBay technical safety / fire protection book library for sale.
20230604_154204_b1cqlu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back