NH DIN Fuses and Schneider Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

healyx

Electrical
Apr 7, 2009
US
Hi All,

I am looking at some Schneider data sheets for fuse backup protection for breakers and switches.

One table notes the fuse as "BS88 or gG" in one column and "HRC DIN type" in another. I took this to mean a BS Bolt-in or clip-in fuse would be the first column and a NH type fuse would be the 2nd column. The thing that has confused me is the "or gG" bit. gG applies to both the BS and NH fuses, so does that mean a gG NH fuse belongs in the "BS88 or gG" column. Are there other fuse types that come under "HRC DIN" that are not the NH type described in 60269?

There are some other tables that refer to aM, gG or BS type. Again, gG and aM are both applicable to BS so this seems like another contradiction.

I guess the safe answer is to pick the most conservative data that "could" apply to the given fuse type and go with that. E.g. if a "BS88 or gG" yields more conservative data than "HRC DIN" which appears to be the case, I should use the "BS88 or gG" data for a NH fuse. I guess the HRC DIN type may have tighter characteristics due to the DIN standard and that is more relaxed in the harmonized 60269 standard? I'm not sure, I've never seen the DIN standard to compare. Can anyone advise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back