Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No jt files being created in Teamcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaeroR35

Mechanical
Jun 3, 2010
US
I am new to NX and Teamcenter but not to .jt files. We used them extensively at my last company for digital mockup and shop assembly.

I have run across several threads were people talk about .jt files being automatically created in Teamcenter. Our system is not setup that way, so I need to figure out how to enable it.

Currently we can view single part 3D geometry inside of Teamcenter. My assumption is that this tool is using .jt files, but the tool does not work on assemblies, no matter how simple they may be.

Any tips on how to set this up?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This capability is under File>Options>Save Options>Save JT Data. It can also be set by default in the customer defaults: Gateway>JT Files>Import/Export>Save JT Data.

If JT's are generated for your individual parts you can also see the assembly in JT format.
For that you need to open the assembly in the structure manager / PSE (Teamcenter) and from there open the Data Panel. ( View - Show/hide Data Panel)
It will give you an extra set of tabs where you can find the Viewer tab.
This will also give you the option to show/hide individual components.

Ronald van den Broek
Mechanical Engineer
Cad Environment Coordinator
Wärtsilä, Propulsion Services
NX8.5.3 / TC9.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5
HP EliteBook 8570W Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz, 16Gb Win7 64B

"Or select the BOM item and press open in TC Vis, if you have Vis."

I have Vis, but not sure where the option is to open with it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back