Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No. of Generating Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippet

Electrical
Mar 12, 2010
BT
We have: Alternative I: Two generating units of 105 MW each initially for total design discharge of 30 cumecs and Net head of 820 m.
Due to transportation constraints of bulky machine, we are exploring the alternative II of having smaller but more no. of units.
So what should be the minimum discharge for each unit? Some standard says 10% while other says (20-25%). Can you all enlighten me on it? I would appreciate.

Good day to you all!

"Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That would seem to be a pumping issue rather than an electric power/generating issue. Did I misunderstand something?

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

Does the question pertain to hydraulics of the discharge of multiple turbines?

Alan
“The engineer's first problem in any design situation is to discover what the problem really is.” Unk.

Waross and alehman, yeah the question pertains to hydraulics of multiple turbine. In our case, we have multi jet pelton turbine.

Can you enlighten??

"Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Or try Power generating facility engineering. If you start another thread, RF this one.

Alan
“The engineer's first problem in any design situation is to discover what the problem really is.” Unk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back