Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Pointer Feedback (Cursor is just a crosshair for all entities) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAGB

Civil/Environmental
Mar 30, 2004
US
Running SW 2000 on a Tower(my Main computer) with W2K SP4 and a GeForce2 MX 200 Card. I have SW 2000 loaded on my Laptop as well with W2K but SP3 and S3 Card, I tried it the night before last on the Laptop and there was no problem (I noticed that the SW splash screen('rotors') appears when the problem is not there). Reinstalled SW on the Main but this did not help and when I tired on the Laptop again last night the splash screen did not appear and sure enough the problem was on the Laptop now. I tried on my workshop computer, a 98 SE machine with a built-in Trident Card, the splash screen appears and the pointers function properly.

I know this is an older version of SW but if anybody has any memory (experience) of this type of problem I sure culd use some help!

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try turning off the 2D emulator under Tools/add-ins.

That should do the trick

/Sam White

Thanks Sam, I knew it was going to be simple but not that simple!

I spent hours looking in the Documentation and searching the web until I found this forum.

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back