Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non convergence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarikahirpara

Mechanical
May 20, 2016
IN
Hello all,

I am trying to do a convergence analysis. But there is an error coming A FAILURE OCCURED INSIDE THE MESH REFINEMENT MODULE. I tried many options but the solutuion does not get converged (i am getting result at the base mesh). What is this error about can anybody help me??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Since the error is about mesh refinement, did you turn on the mesh refinement feature such as mesh adaptivity?

Back to the convergence, the strongly nonlinear model does not convergent all the time. It highly depends on your specific model, parameters, meshes, etc. For some extremely nonlinear models, no algorithm can make it convergent.

Thanks for your reply....
What i understood is, if i am converging stress on one part of the assembly then i can not give local mesh size to that body though i can apply size on surface or curve of that part. I removed local mesh size and the ERROR IN MESH REFINEMENT MODULE Is gone.correct me if i am wrong.......
But there are still many problem. I am learning how convergence work. When i apply fixed support to a simple shaft convergence keeps on increasing mesh and stress. It never reaches a single value but keeps on increasing. But same shaft if i apply dispacement support, it converge to 1 single value. How convergence is related to the boundry condition i want to know?? What are the different effect of boundry condition on convergence. Can u tell me if there is any text available????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back