Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

non-intrusive parts for cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

analyst34

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2002
US
I am in need of some assistants on getting some info forresearching and installing IR ports for inspection of power cabinets. We will recieve our lens to do this from flir systems. I was wondering if some type of knockouts would work without breaking any codes.
anything will help, thanks alot.

htibbs

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have a 65 deg. lens from Flir Systems for PM/SC, and does anyone know of any problems that might accompany this new lens as far as internal setups /software / report building, etc.??

The H.VIR COMET Infrared WIndow is a UL-Recognized Component for installation on NEMA Type 3 and NEMA Type 12 equipment. The window is available in 2-inch, 3-inch, and 4-inch diameters for either shortwave or longwave transmission. Distributed by Square D.

dgallagher,

What is the website for the H.VIR Comet windows that are avaliable for non-intrusive inspections. Square-d ? or H.VIR Comet? I would like to look into this for cost evaluations,etc.

Thanks

If you go to the site flacrkr recommended, in the heading Maintenance - then, Infrared Inspection Windows, there is some product info and a picture. I do not current pricing.

Great information everyone, I have a FLIR Camera and looked at the SquareD products but I found out that FLIR actually supply a different type directly. Their product is UL approved for new equipment and retro-fitting as well as having different types for indoor low voltage and high voltage equipment. These products do not suffer from the solubility issues I heard of and they work really well.

They are on FLIR's website;

I though that since we have a FLIR camera we would work with the FLIR window, it operates with both LW and SW cameras (even those which are not made by FLIR!), hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back