Not open for further replies.

mrmartins

Structural
Jun 20, 2005
PT
Hi,
I am looking for a software to perform two different types of analysis

- Aerodynamics
- Non lineal high speed events (like impacts)

I would like to ear your opinions. I am looking for a reliable software. Separate software is also a solution but it obliges learning to work in two different ambients.

Please also comment the following software, ANSYS, ALGOR and MSCsoftware.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

LS-Dyna seems to lead the industry in high-spead impact simulations (such as automotive crash simulations). I haven't done much in what some people would call "high speed", but I have done quite a bit of event simulation with Algor and it is a good package. I think any of the three you named would be capable of the fluids analysis for the aerodynamics. ANSYS and MSCNastran are, I think, more widely used for these. Someone may suggest NENastran. It is also a good package and resonably priced. I'm not sure if there non-linear event simulation considers inertial effects, or if it just does a non-linear static calculation.

ANSYS LS_DYNA is a reference for explicit dynamics.
I personally tested ALGOR Multiphysics with MES, and I found it a really good solution. Not as controllable as ANSYS, but the price is not the same also...
ANSYS' CFD is now CFX, no more Flotran, so you need a license - and the additional program - for it. It is incredibly expensive but incredibly powerful. I think no fluid problem can not be handled by CFX.
A license "level" of ALGOR Multiphysics includes a CFD. I know nothing or so about it, but periodically there are webcasts showing its possibilities. Just go in Algor's website and look around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back