Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

normal confortable temperature for 90% relative humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

COMAPRO

Industrial
May 17, 2003
EC
What would be the normal temperature one shouls set the thermostat for cooling if the relative humidity is 90 % or above ?

is there somewhere in internet a web page where I can see something like a table for a relationship between relative humidity and ideal thermostat temperature settimg ?
Where can I find also a table for heat generation of different things like fluorescent ballasts or even a human being ?
Appreciate very much if you can help me out with these questions .

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

COMAPRO
Join ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers, Inc.) With your membership you receive a collection of four books (one book per year). Remain a member until you receive the complete set or order the complete set upon you first years membership. Anyway once you have these books you have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.
To answer your post study a psychrometric chart. It will tell you what the cooling effect will have upon a given RH

Good Luck
pennpoint

thank you for your tip , penn point but I live outside the United States an usually the books get lost underway . I still think that with the current technology through internet one can get the right information, not only fast but also free. thanks anyway

90% RH is outside of both the ASHRAE and ISO comfort range. So the answer to your question is to take a swim in the pool.

However, if you have some form of mechanical cooling in the space it seems unlikely that you would have such high RH.

You can buy the ASHRAE handbooks without becoming a member. You can also buy the four book set on one CD.

Comarpro
Theres a process called evaporative cooling. So if you were to have a fan that can blow the plates off the tables and at 90% humidity you might get a reasonable comfort condition! OK thats not funny.
“It’s not the heat, it’s the humdity”
ASHRAE Standard 55
Comfort zone:
•67° to 82°F
•35% to 60%rh
One ton= 1 ton of ice per day
= 12,000 Btu/hr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back