Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not sure how to get these two parts to fit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielHowden

Industrial
Feb 3, 2013
GB
I want to make a T-bar handle but I an not sure I can achieve this. Can anyone help?

Please see pictures.

Thanks Daniel.

BarHandle_zps06dddb6f.jpg

T-Section_zpsba5f9a87.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ok i inderstand
- define a tangent constraint between the two cylinders
- define a parallel constraint between the front planes of the models you can find the planes in the tree at left
- define a distant constrain between the top surface of the cylindre and the left plane of the other model
if you don't find a solution tell me i will sent you an attachment

Create it using weldments. You'll need three lines and one profile. That way, your bird mouths will be automatically created, as well as your weld spacing.

Jeff Mirisola
My Blog

Thank you for both your replies. It is clear I need to know more about this program as I do not understand either answer. Can either of you maybe recommend a youtube video that will show me how to achieve that you suggest?

Many thanks for your interest all the same.

Thanks Daniel.

Check out the tutorials in the help section of SolidWorks. Those will get you started. You can then search youtube for SolidWorks weldments, or just SolidWorks, and find lots of useful info.

Jeff Mirisola
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back