Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

number of decimal places in family table

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroller2149

Mechanical
Oct 8, 2004
US
We use the same bore feature in a family table with a datum attached to the dimension. In one instance we want to show the number of decimal places at 2 and in another instance we want to show the number of decimal places at 4. The reason we want to do this is because one bore is a critical size and the other is not. All of these instances start from the same raw forging so we want to keep the family table relationships.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you using Wildfire 3?

I don't have it on this computer but if I remember correctly, you can include tolerances in a family table in that version. While it won't help with your # digits, perhaps you can achieve the same goal by loosening up the tolerances for the bore that isn't critical (i.e. 4 DPs with a large tolerance).. This might make the people who enforce your drawing standards nervous, though.

justkeepgiviner, you are 100% corret. We had different tolerances in the family table, but the people who enforce our standards don't like the look of it. I wish we used metric and could drop trailing zeros. That would solve our problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back