Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Number of Holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRM

Mechanical
May 1, 2002
GB
Does anyone know of way to get the number of holes created on a PCD automatically into a draft view? The number of holes is a variable in the variable table in the par file, and I would like it to appear on the 2d drawing to reference said holes.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Under the Tools menu go to Dimension and then click on hole table. This is not automatic but it should get done what you want. The table can be modified and saved with your preferred settings. The hole table could also be saved on your draft template. Doing this would take only 5 clicks of the mouse and you would have what you want. Hope this helps.

The holes table only gives information regarding size and position. We already have that by dimensioning them and giving a pitch circle diameter that they are placed on. The missing element is the number of holes.

Go to the hole table properties and then to the columns tab and there is a list of items that you can add to or take away from your hole table and one of them is count. This will give you your number of holes. Going one step further you can click on the list tab you can list the holes by size rather than listing each hole location & size.

That works very well. All the options are there to put exactly what I need. All I need to do now is work out how to get it update automatically.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back