Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NVIDIA Quadro K4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLineDesign

Bioengineer
Aug 9, 2007
US
I see that NVIDIA Quadro is certified for NX (NX7.5 here for a short while longer), but does that include K4000? I am having the issue of toolbars freezing which has come up before. I see IE9 has been to blame before, but before I get it uninstalled, do you agree that Internet Explorer is likely the issue?

Thanks,
KLINE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi John, I did check the list at GTAC. That is where I got the "NVIDIA Quadro" but I was unsure if the "K4000" extension on that makes it part of the same series (and therefore still good).

And while I have your attention. I'm really hoping to just move to a later version of NX. We've had this SOA error plauging us for some time now and GTAC could only help by saying we need a later release. It is something to do with running NX7.5 on a virtual server with Teamcenter Express. It really is less than ideal only being able to load one assembly at a time. Also, we have a random issue of NX losing connection with the server. This one is pretty random, but GTAC seemed to think that was an issue with the release we have (7.5.0.32). Would you mind throwing your opinions out on these two issues too? (I am not going down the GTAC road with them further as I really want to test it all on the newer release, but I'm still curious to hear your opinion.)

KLINE

I have NO special insight into anything which deals with Teamcenter, but if GTAC says that a newer version of NX will resolve these issues, then I would do as they suggested. After all, it's been 4 years since NX 7.5 was released and a lot of maintenance has gone into the subsequent releases to say nothing of any potential changes to Teamcenter Express.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks for the reply John, we'll try to get it done! I'll post back here if the issues magically disappear.

Have a great weekend,
KLINE

If it disappears, it will be far from 'magical', at least I wouldn't tell any of our developers that [elf]

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back