Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 10 Moldwizard: No Register File Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

isnemo

Automotive
Dec 4, 2014
US
Hi everyone!
I am moving our company up from NX 7.5 to NX 10.03 MP19. My question has to do with Moldwizard. Specifically the fact that I can see all my custom components thru the 'Standard Parts' dialogue but when I go to select my slide and lifters, cooling, MW Insert & Ejector Libraries they can't be found. When I try to look at the registry file is reports the file can't be found.
Yet when I right click on any of the Reuse Library 'Library' selections and open the source folder the registry file is right there.

I have my all my libraries served from the network. Everything works fine in NX 7.5 but they are not found when I run NX10. Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nemo

MW-Library_List-1_l9e6sl.jpg
MW-Library_List-2_nhxbb2.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

One simple question - did You downloaded Moldwizard library for NX 10 and unpacked it to folder NX10 \ Moldwizard ?
Or maybe You have system environment variable set to different folder? Check for MOLDWIZARD_DIR in Your system.
The third option is You don't installed everything when installing NX. I saw some examples, when IT guy installing NX, tried to save some space on disc, change typical instalation to custom, and after that many function doesn't worked for example import step files, etc.
Last option is do You have installed Excel, if not You have to change in customer default -> gateway -> spread sheet to xess.

With best regards
Michael

Thanks for those tips Michael. Much appreciated. I've been administrating NX for a number of years but a few things are tripping me up with this latest jump. We actually now have jumped into NX11 with all the latest version updates. Coming out of NX7.5... so it was a pretty big leap. We have all of our libraries setup on our network so with it working in NX7.5 and not in NX11 I just couldn't make sense of it. But I'm now going to install an NX11 moldwizard library on our network and configure 11 to look to it instead of our legacy library. I'll have a lot of work to do to get all our custom stuff setup in the new library but I guess that's what we do... Thanks again!
Nemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back