Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 10 Roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

hudson888

Mechanical
Jun 19, 2007
AU
It appears that saved roles in NX-10 use .pax files whereas up to NX-9 they used .MTX files.

Insert obvious question here " ".

I prefer to update by bring across my old settings and manipulating them to suit so I don't have to start over again.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

why / how this conclusion ? ( -that roles use .pax )
I clicked one of the default roles, "advanced" , then i looked in the logfile and it notes :
&MACRO DDM_EVENT 6 1 <<<UG/ROLE_SYSTEM_PAL:Roles#id0<<< ! click
ROLE::LOAD - Role from D:\siemens\nx10.0\ugii\menus\roles\advanced.mtx file was loaded successfully

I also tried one of the "presentation roles" and it also calls a .mtx

Regards,
Tomas

Well I looked on the Customise Tabs for Roles and it has gone, so in a quest for a load/create dialog I tried the white space but I now think what that's actually presenting me with is a way of saving palettes, so I'm back to square #1.

How do I load and save roles?

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Ah ha, I eventually located it under Tools, Preferences. He said wondering why it wouldn't also still reside where it always had previously?

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Clearly no one is using this information, otherwise someone would have asked why its not actually found there.

It appears to be in Preferences> User Interface...> Roles

Honestly I have not downloaded any of the updates or maintenance packs for NX10, nor have I used it. I only loaded it and changed it to classic (not ribbon) and original grey and loaded my latest NX9 roles file. Siemens please add a black button option, I honestly get a headache staring at whit bright buttons all day long. Heck I change the gradient background to black on every file I work on also, its just less light blasting at your face all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back