NX 11 (?) Release Date and Expected Improvements 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

soheyl81

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2012
CA
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Siemens is planning to release a newer version of NX (11?) any time soon, and if so, what are the improvements that we can expect to see?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

NX10.0.2 is available now. 10.0.3 will be available pretty soon.
since it is a ".0.2" it is a "mature" version.
NX11 will be released "spring 2016" and then in the .0.0 form which I would not install for production work.
We always wait for at least the first maintenance release before deploying into production.
Going for NX11 means you must wait. NX10.x is available now.

Another good tip is to run the same version as one of the big users such as GM or Daimler, you know then that there is a push on Siemens to fix bugs.
I do not know what version they use.

Regards,
Tomas

I just checked in Beta. I cannot select a body as source for a sweep...
I tried with along guide and variational...

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX8.5.3 / TC9.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

HP Zbook15
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ
CPU @ 2.70 GHz Win7 64b
Nvidia K1100M 2048 MB DDR5

When this secret feature was included in the NX9 Beta, it was a separate feature. Not a new option in one of the existing features.
I would not expect the ability to select a " " and use that in any of the existing features, this because that IF the programmer would do that, he/she would have to test absolutely everything in the existing feature, not only the new addition to select "". ( If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)
It's far less risky to keep the bug free existing feature x and implement a completely new feature.

Regards,
Tomas

PrintScaffold said:
Sweep Body does not allow to select a body? Not THAT's interesting. bigears

Maybe you should take the effort to read the complete thread....

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX8.5.3 / TC9.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

HP Zbook15
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ
CPU @ 2.70 GHz Win7 64b
Nvidia K1100M 2048 MB DDR5

Toost said:
When this secret feature was included in the NX9 Beta, it was a separate feature. Not a new option in one of the existing features.
I would not expect the ability to select a " " and use that in any of the existing features, this because that IF the programmer would do that, he/she would have to test absolutely everything in the existing feature, not only the new addition to select "". ( If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)
It's far less risky to keep the bug free existing feature x and implement a completely new feature.
I'm not sure I uderstood this. Does it meant that Sweep Body is an option in the Sweep Along Guide tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back