NX 11 (?) Release Date and Expected Improvements 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

soheyl81

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2012
CA
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if Siemens is planning to release a newer version of NX (11?) any time soon, and if so, what are the improvements that we can expect to see?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are many shapes which 2D sections cannot produce. This is an extremely complex operation depending on how far one takes it. Imagine for example a cube moving along a straight line, but tumbling. Faces and edges will appear/ disappear etc. The most common request is probably helical drills / mills which are very difficult to reproduce using a 2D section, if at all possible.

Regards,
Tomas

Printscaffold; :
"I'm not sure I uderstood this. Does it meant that Sweep Body is an option in the Sweep Along Guide tool?"
No, it will most probably not be a new option in an existing feature.

when you develop code, what you don't want is that the existing features/ software suddenly gets a lot of new bugs. ( NX is today far more than a million lines of code...) You want as much as possible to isolate the code which is new and therefore needs thorough testing/ bugfixing. Since the existing features are un-touched, you don't have to test these in every new release.

Regards,
Tomas

There are many things you can do with sweep solid body. Sweep an end mill along a helical curves. But this part is not just a simple end mill. It is a ball nosed end mill that is tapered. At the current time there are 15 or so steps that will produce this feature. If we get sweep solid body I could see three or so steps. A lot easier to control parametrically.

Promises, promises.......

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

Discussing beta items is prohibited by your beta license agreement.
This is especially true in a public forum like this one!

What gets included in the official release of NX11 will depend on beta testing results, released coding of the module and documentation.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

For the record, the name of the proposed NEW function will be 'Swept Volume'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back