Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 12 can't move dimensions when in an assembly while trying to edit a active component's sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurgerMechE

Automotive
Oct 20, 2014
US
The company I work for upgraded from NX 8.5 to NX 12. At this time our customer defaults and environments needed to be totally redone. I'm hoping there is a setting for this issue. Of which is, when working in assembly, activating only one part and then editing a sketch, dimensions become immovable. You can't drag them they just end up where the second click is made to make the dimension. This is usually in an obscured place and extremely annoying. For the love of all things CAD that is supposed to make the design process smooth and efficient, does anyone know how to fix this?!?!?! I've looked far and wide but can't find anything. PLEASE HELP for my sanity and that of my coworkers. Thanks!

NX 12, windows 10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rotating the view works, I don't know why I didn't think of that as it's so obvious that would fix the issue..... I will forward this to my CAD administrator to get the latest version updated. Thanks for the help!

NX 12, windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back