Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 1899 Drafting performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyKL.S

Civil/Environmental
Nov 6, 2018
CZ
Hi All,

I've recently switched from NX9 to 1899 and have experienced sluggish performance in drafting module. The most infuriating is creating chain dimension. Sometimes it's better, sometimes worse. Creating the first segment is ok but from the second on it takes even 30-40 seconds, yes seconds, to place each dimension segment. It helps a bit if I change reference set of assembly to "model" which brings it down to 3-4 sec/segment. However I've always run all my assemblies as "entire part" and even with some pretty big assemblies never had this issues in NX9.

It's really frustrating when you expect some improvements in the new version and instead it's getting worse :(

Any ideas where could be a problem? I'm running recomended system specification with updated drivers.

Best Regards
MyKL
NX 9.0/1899 - Win10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK so I've found out that when I open the assembly via "Minimal load" option (bodies only) it runs fine but once I open the component on which I'm doing the dimensions "fully" then it's messed up. How can this be driver related.

Best Regards
MyKL
NX 9.0/1899 - Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back