Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX 1969 EDIT > SURFACE > X-FORM - D

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadGuy59

Computer
Aug 29, 2008
US
NX 1969 EDIT > SURFACE > X-FORM - Does the X-form tool allow you to "planarize" a group of surface poles without doing them individually? Maybe I'm missing something in that dialog but I'm unable to find the ability to basically project a user selected group of NURBS surface poles to a specific plane.

TIA,

BOB

Thanks,

RJ

NX 12, Teamcenter 11, Windows 10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not know if it is possible to do what you are asking,
but what you can do is put a datum plane on that surface then do a REPLACE FACE and select that datum plane as the replacement face.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Thanks for the reply Jerry but this is a non-planar surface, C3 curvature, so that won't work for my situation.

Thanks,

RJ

I'm going off of memory here, so I could well be mistaken, but I think you can select an entire row (or column) by selecting one of the line segments between the control vertices (control segment?). Hold down the 'control' key to select multiple vertices/rows. Window select should also work to select a group of vertices/rows.

www.nxjournaling.com

You are correct, you can select an entire row of poles in one shot, my challenge is that if I have the first 2-4 poles along one row that are off plane a tiny amount there is no way to project to a plane in a single operation. You can pick them with Ctrl+ selection but then there is no way to get them projected to that plane. You can it with all the poles that lie on an edge however.

Thanks,

RJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back