Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 3d corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JycoCAD

Automotive
Mar 10, 2010
US
Just making the switch from Catia to NX7-Im looking for the equivalent function of the "3d Corner". I see a "cylindrical corner" but the results are never tangent to the two lines i need. So what I am doing is making the cyl. corner and then "bridge curve" and try to match it as best I can. But I need to be able to enter a radius value. Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's no direct way to do that at the moment, but attached is an example of one approach that you can use. It's a bit of kludge, but the results are what you're looking for.

Note that I think I might have a something that's a bit better and if I get it to work, I'll upload a copy of that as well.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thats not quite what I was looking for. I am thinking of two curves in space and making a radius corner. This corner being radius and tangent to each curve. They have "bridge curve" but you cant enter a radius value. Catia does, and thats what I am looking for.

For visualization, think of a highway with an overpass...the onramp is what im looking for.

BTW, just in case someone liked my attempt at providing what JycoCAD was looking for but they would like it to be fully parametric, I attached a slight more comprehensive model, albeit it's still same basic 'kludge' just that now you can edit the size of the 'corner radius' by editing the Radius of the Spherical Corner feature. Note however that my approach only works if the corner being rounded is rectangular. That is all 3 faces are planar and they are all 90 degrees from each other.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back