Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 5.0 and rendering high resolution image

Status
Not open for further replies.

anmorgan

Automotive
Nov 3, 2009
US
Hello I am trying to get a High Resolution Rendering of my model, but I would like to keep the transparency that I set. Is that possible? To keep the transparency of objects when rendering? If so how?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The answer is that you cannot keep the translucency from the modelling environment when shading high quality images, but you can define any existing material to have a version of itself that may be transparent. Materials can be copied and pasted and editing them will soon reveal settings for translucency.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for the responses. Haven't had a chance to see if I can get it to work the way I would like it.

So just in case, can you get better resolution exports, other than jpegs with the current model view?

Yes it is possible.
All you have to do is open Visualisation/Visualise Shape toolbar, click "High Quality Image" icon, choose "Image preferences", select "User defined" in "Image Size" line and type any resolution you want. Now go back to previous window, click "Start Shade" and when rendering is done, click "save".

Best Regards, Koen

Thanks for your response, but I actually meant like an export similar to the option under File > Export > as JPEG, etc. Instead of doing a Rendering which takes away the transparencies I currently have set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back