Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 5 and Inte HD Graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try going into...

View -> Camera -> Edit...

...and in the section of the dialog labeled 'Clipping', push the 'Fit Planes to Extents' button and then hit OK and then perform a 'Fit' operation.

As for your graphics driver, I would use the ones from our GTAC site as they are the only ones 'certified'. We do not consider the drivers loaded from anywhere else (including the vendor's site), even if they are the latest available, to be 'certified'. In other words, you can ONLY get a 'certified' driver from us.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

unfortunately that did not resolved the issue. I will check out the GTAC site, unfortunately I did not get to choose this laptop, so I guess I'll see what we can do.

So changed my reference set for the model to FACET and it was able to render it properly. Do you have an idea why that would be?

Intel HD graphics card isn't supported for NX, so if you log a call to GTAC, they won't be able to help you. I don't think there's an option in NX that will fix it, so I would try and look at the graphics card settings in windows and try there.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX4.0.4MP10, NX5.0.0->5.0.6, NX6.0.0->NX6.0.5, NX7.0.0->NX7.0.1 & NX7.5.0.32-> NX7.5.2.5

Thanks for the input but as stated before your post, when I right click a part and go to "Replace Reference Set" -> FACET it resolved the issue but I dint know why and how to apply it to everything

The reason why is that the graphics card did not have to tessellate the model since, by definition, the faceted Reference Set came pre-tessellated, as it were. It's quite possible that your graphics card may not fully support Open-GL.

One thing that you could do which might give you some hints as to how to proceed, go to...

Preferences -> Visualization Performance -> General Graphics

...and at the bottom the section of the dialog labeled 'Session Settings' push the button 'Evaluate Graphics Performance' and then review the 'report' which is generated at the end of the 'test'. If nothing else, it will give you some idea as to whether your graphics card is adequate or not.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Integrated chip graphics are not usually powerful enough to handle the graphics needs of a CAD system or intense video games.
For best results, use Nvidia graphics, as they seem to do a better job with OpenGL and DirectX than oter vendors. I use Nvidia cards in my laptops for this reason. They may cost a little more, but I don't have issues later.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I understand this, like stated before, I did not get to choose this laptop, as it was from my boss. Where that CAD is for school and not my job :(

But changing the reference sets seems to resolve my issue, I just hope I don't have to do it to everything I load.

I understand this, like stated before, I did not get to choose this laptop, as it was from my boss. Where that CAD is for school and not my job :(

But changing the reference sets seems to resolve my issue, I just hope I don't have to do it to everything I load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back