Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX 6 available for download from the GTAC Product Download site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see NX6 on the ftp site.
[ponder]

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - [small]Thomas Jefferson [/small]

Yes, item 28, 695,176,644 bytes, dated June 28,2008

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. - [small]Thomas Jefferson [/small]

Here's all I'm seeing...note there's no Documentation tab. So I select the NX/Unigraphics NX tab and expand the platform choice and get what's shown in the right side of the image attached below....no NX5 or NX6 documentation.

Sorry if it's blurry. Let me know if not legible.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

John,

Is there any way we could be notified about such changes prior to it actually being done, like via email? I mean, we get emails for things such as webinars and new technology like ST (whether we want the emails or not), so why not a change that can affect what a customer has access to download?

I'm not too keen on having access taken away for something that ultimately this company is paying for. Since webkeys are generated via individual licenses, I was unable to see the docs using MY login because it was only for my Sold-To ID. I had to add our other Sold-To ID to my webkey in order to even see the docs.

Had I known about this up front, I could have taken care of it earlier and the transition would have been seamless.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Actually, nothing has changed and if you suddenly don't have access to the user documentation, it's because you HAVEN'T been paying for it. Ever since we stopped producing paper docs as our standard and implemented on-line documentation, which had to have been at least 10 or 12 years ago, we have required the purchase of a 'subscription' to receive this 'service'.

So if you have been receiving the documentation, either by download or via CD-ROM's mailed to you, then either you were paying the annual subscription 'fee' or somehow your records indicated that you were entitled to the documentation.

So if this has changed, I suggest that you contact your CSR and have them verify what is included in your license agreement with Siemens PLM Software.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John,

Not trying to make a mountain out a mole hill, but....paying your bill does not necessarily mean you're going to have access to everything for which you're paying. See below.

An example:

A company purchases 2 seats of NX, which equates to 2 seperate licenses. The company decides to purchase only one seat of the docs since they're not license controlled for operation or installation. The license file with the docs is Sold-To A, the second license WITHOUT the docs is Sold-To B.

Each license file has a unique WebKey access code that is required to create a WebKey account. The user of Sold-To B creates a WebKey account using the access code from the license given to Sold-To B (remember, his license DOES NOT have the docs shown on it). Now, how is he supposed to access the docs? His company is paying for it (under Sold-To A) but they cannot access the docs because the licenses aren't combined into ONE single WebKey account. How would they even know to do this if they were a brand new customer?

This is the scenario that I ran into and had I been given a bit of a heads up, I would have been able to take care of the problem long ago instead of just today, as well as saving me about 3 additional phone calls. Sure, it was just the docs, but what about the next time? It could be something more critical and that's all I am trying to avoid in the future.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back